Code of Ethics
Carol Harris Staffing, LLC pledges its support of, and adherence to, the principles and practices set forth below. CHS acknowledges that such compliance is in the best interests of the staffing services industry, its customers, and its employees. CHS agrees to always strive:
– To comply with all laws and regulations applicable to our business, and to maintain high standards of ethical conduct in the operation of that business and in their dealings with employees, customers, and competitors.
– To treat all applicants and employees with dignity and respect, and to provide equal employment opportunities, based on bona fide job qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any basis prohibited by applicable law.
– To maintain high standards of integrity in all advertising, and to assign the best qualified employees to fill customers’ needs.
– To determine the experience and qualifications of applicants and employees as CHS deems appropriate to the circumstances, or as may be required by law.
– To explain to employees prior to assignment their wage rate, applicable benefits, hours of work, and other assignment conditions—and to promptly pay any wages and benefits due in accordance with the terms of their employment and applicable legal requirements.
– To encourage employee efforts to upgrade their skills.
– To satisfy all applicable employer obligations, including payment of the employer’s share of social security, state and federal unemployment insurance taxes, and workers’ compensation—and to explain to employees that CHS is responsible for such obligations.
– To ascertain that employees are assigned to work sites that are safe, that they understand the nature of the work the customer has called for and can perform such work without injury to themselves or others, and that they receive any personal safety training and equipment that may be required.
– To take prompt action to address employee questions, concerns, or complaints regarding unsafe work conditions, discrimination, or any other matter involving the terms and conditions of their employment.
– To confirm their temporary employees’ periods of service upon request by a subsequent employer and with the consent of the employee.